For many pastors in rural areas of the Africa West Francophone Field, transportation is an obstacle to meeting the demands of ministry. Especially for those leading multiple congregations and church plants, a dependable means of transportation would be an incredibly practical blessing as they plant new churches, disciple believers, mentor leaders, and meet the myriad of other needs in their ministries.
For that reason, the field would like to encourage each district by helping them to provide bicycles to pastors. Bicycles are a practical, economical, and dependable mode of travel that would be of immediate benefit to the effectiveness of a pastor’s ministry.
District leaders will help to identify benefitting pastors through an application process. Each benefitting pastor will provide 20% of the cost of the bicycle, with the remaining 80% to be covered through this project.
In 2022, generous donors helped to meet the goal of providing 260 bicycles, which equals 20 bicycles per district. The photo above is of pastors in Mali recieving their bicycles. It was a great moment of emotion and joy for these pastors who at other times walked miles to fulfill their mission in faith and hope!
One pastor from Benin said, "This bicycle is for me more than a blessing, I see through this new means of transportation, a call to more ardor, to more effort in evangelization and sharing the word of our Lord." Praise the Lord for not only the physical help, but the spiritual encouragement these bicycles have been!
In 2023, the goal is once again to provide 400 more bikes, for a total need of $26,880 dollars. These bicycles will be distributed to pastors across the 13 districts of the field. There are many, many more pastors who are walking great distances to share the love of Jesus and would benefit from this practical help.
Will you help a pastor in the Africa West Francophone field spread the message of hope in Jesus through this wonderful project?
Please automatically charge my future gifts on the following day:
In the US:
Make checks payable to General Treasurer and send them to:
Church of the Nazarene, Global Ministry Center
Attn: Donor Services
17001 Prairie Star Parkway
Lenexa, KS 66220-7900
Make Checks payable Church of the Nazarene Canada and send them to:
Church of the Nazarene Canada
3657 Ponytrail Drive
Mississauga, Ontario L4X 1W5.